5 Signs You Need a New Head Shot Photo
You have undoubtedly come across a handful of stellar, captivating head shots on LinkedIn or other social media presences that make you wonder how those professional got such a perfect photo. In reality, there is no secret to achieving an award-winning head shot. All you need is a professional photographer with an artistic eye and an impeccable track record to help you get a flawless, effective head shot photo. In this post, we will take a look at five signs that it is time for you to invest in a professional head shot.
- The Head Shot You Currently Have is Several Years Old: If you have a head shot that hasn’t been updated in the last five years, it is a pretty good sign it is time to invest in a new one. If you are like most people, your look has most likely changed in the last five years, so it is important to get a photo that represents what you look like now.
- You Don’t Have a Head Shot: This point seems rather redundant, but it is an important one to bring up considering the number of professionals who don’t have a head shot at all.No matter your profession, whether you are a lawyer, marketing strategist, or head chef, it is advantageous to have a sleek, eye-catching, and professionally done head shot. This shows your network and your potential clients that you are a serious professional who takes pride in what you do and what image you give off to the public. A snap shot just won’t do. A professional portrait is a valuable business asset.
- You Aren’t Amazed by The Head Shot You Have: If you don’t feel totally confident about the head shot you currently have, it is a good idea to invest in a new one. Having the perfect head shot that you completely love can give you the motivation to work harder in your field, network with more people, and build your brand. Until you get the head shot you love, it will be difficult to find anyone else who loves your head shots just as much as you do.
- The Head Shot You Have Doesn’t Match Your Brand or Job Field: It isn’t uncommon for professionals to switch career fields. Perhaps you were a corporate lawyer a few years ago, but now you are an event planner.As a corporate lawyer, you want a head shot photo that captures your dogmatic, no-nonsense side. But as an event planner, you need a new head shot photo that showcases your personable, helpful, and creative side. If you have recently switched job fields or have a totally new brand strategy, you should invest in new head shots to match said job field or brand.
- You Had to Crop Yourself Out of a Family Photo: Basically, if your current head shot has a busy, distracting background or has obviously been cut out of a family photo, you should probably invest in a new head shot.
Work with a professional photographer to get a pristine, stunning head shot with either a clear background or a background that doesn’t take away from your face. Also, if your current head shot is blurry or you don’t feel it is a flattering image of you, it is a good idea to invest in something new.
Want to know more about why you should invest in pro head shots? Don’t hesitate to contact us today with any questions you have! Our team is passionate about helping businesses of all kinds get the highest level of visibility through both photography and video. Give us a call today to learn more about our extensive list of services that can help your business perfect its marketing and branding strategy.