5 of the Hottest Trends in Video Marketing You Should Use in 2017
Every year, the way we market evolves.
And thanks to the ever-changing tides of digital marketing, video marketing has become a predominant force in the world of business. If you are going to successfully build a bigger following and garner new customers, you have to pay attention to the trends in video marketing. In this post, we will uncover five hot trends in video marketing to take advantage of this year.
trends in video marketing
- Greater Video Growth on Facebook: Newer social media platforms such as Snapchat were designed specifically for video whereas older social media platforms like Facebook were not originally intended for that purpose. But we have seen a recent and rapid growth in the use of video on Facebook. In 2016, the social media giant introduced us to live video streaming and it is becoming even more popular this year. Businesses should expect to see even more video uploading and sharing and more live video streaming as well. More Facebook users are using the site to view videos which makes it a huge goldmine for businesses who want to strengthen their brand through video.
- Information Meets Entertainment: In 2017, you won’t be able to have one without the other. It’s called “infotainment” and videos will need it if they will effectively capture the attention of the viewer. In order to better engage your target audience, you will need to create videos that provide valuable and interesting information while keeping the viewer entertained. This can be done with high quality video content, illustrations, animations, music, and most importantly, resourceful, useful, and intriguing information.
- More Video in Web Design: More businesses will start implementing video content into their web design. Having short video on your homepage and other parts of your website will make it easier for you to connect with and engage your website visitors. When someone who has never been to your website before sees a click-worthy video (not spammy, but eye-catching and notably interesting), they will be more likely to view it and stay on your website longer.
- Shorter Videos Will be on The Rise: Remember those annoying advertisements that would play before you could view a YouTube video? They still exist, but now there is an option to skip the two minute ad after waiting for five seconds. The smart brands have wised up to this and now create videos as short as fifteen and even five seconds. That really requires brands to step up their game and come up with innovative ways to craft a poignant, memorable message in as little as five seconds. Short videos aren’t just on the rise on YouTube though; if you want to create a video that your target audience will remember (and will actually watch from start to finish), you need to keep it short and sweet. You would be surprised by how much information you can squeeze into a ninety second video.
- Consumer First, Product Second: Videos will need to put more focus on the consumer and less focus on the product. And for this to happen, you will need to do a hefty amount of research on your target audience to have a thorough understanding of who they are and what they are interested in. Your videos should cater to your target audience’s interests and then after establishing trust, you can begin to focus more on showcasing what products you have. Focus less on advertising yourself and more on building you brand. And the key to successful brand building is to personalize your brand. Video is one of the most influential ways to do that.
Want to learn more about the 2017 trends in video marketing and how you can take advantage of them? Contact us today!