What Questions Should You Ask Before Starting a Video Production For Your Business?
By now you have probably been made aware of the wonders of video content for business. There are endless benefits to producing video for your business and integrating it into your marketing strategy; you are better engaging your target audience, giving your followers an inside look at your company, and creating the opportunity to explain your products and services. But before you jump into producing a video for your business, you want a concise vision of your expectations and goals. In this post, we uncover five questions to ask yourself before using video production for business.
- What is my Budget? Determine how much you are willing to spend or how much you can actually afford. Once you have set a budget, you will have to make sure the expectations you have for the production of your video fit your budget. A professional video producer can help you determine what you are able to accomplish with the funding you have.
- What’s The Purpose of The Video? Without understanding the purpose of your video and why you are creating it in the first place, it is going to fall apart. And without having a definitive purpose for your video, you won’t be able to convey your vision to the professional who is producing your video. Is the video a tutorial? Is it an inspiring story about the inception of your business? Is it a sneak peak promo that gives viewers an inside look at a new product or service you are developing? Your target audience won’t understand the purpose of the video if you don’t understand it.
- How Long do I Expect The Video to be? The length of the video should also be considered when you are first establishing the budget that you have to work with. How much content do you have or how much information are you trying to fit into the video? You would be amazed at how much you can convey in a one minute video. As a general rule of thumb, strive to make your video be clear and concise for today’s shorter attention spans. However, you want to establish the type of video you seek to create before determining the length of time you want it to last.
- What Are my Audio Needs? Audio is a critical component of any visual piece of content. There are a series of questions you need to ask yourself regarding the audio of your video. Do you want music included in the video? What genre of music? Or do you just want certain sound effects that go along with animations? Also, you need to determine the tone of the video. Is it serious and dramatic or lighthearted and comedic? Is the video being narrated and who is doing the voice over (if there is one)? Consider all of these questions and have your answers ready to present to the video producer before starting the project.
- How Can I Make Sure That my Audience Loves This Video? While you can never guarantee the response of your target audience, there is plenty you can do to make sure you have an exponentially better chance at impressing your audience. And this requires doing some research. Come up with five words that best describe your target audience and consider those characteristics when creating the video. Also figure out whether your followers would be more responsive to certain images, visuals, graphics, or any other element that goes into the video. When you know your target audience, you can create a video that will garner better responses and possibly lots of social shares.
Looking for more advice on creating the perfect video for your business? Contact us today!